The Lodge is located on a 10 acre wooded farm in the shadows of the Aberdare range, Gacharageini Location, Mathioya Division, Muranga District. The area includes 4 acres of tea farm,a beautiful tropical miniforest complete with abundant birdlife, hundreds of different types of trees and plants, and a small creek complete with natural mini waterfalls and River Mathioya which runs just outside the lodge reputed for its trout fish.
Its only 2hr drive from Nairobi on The Nairobi-Thika-Muranga Road Or 40 minutes drive from Nyeri on The Nyeri-Othaya -Kangema Road.
If coming from Nairobi.
- Nairobi- Thika Dual Carriage Road A2(45Kms)
- Thika - End of the Dual Carriage Road A2 (10Kms)
- Just before the dual carriage ends take the left road C71 (With lots of signs,Equity,KCB,Pioneer School)
- Drive on that Road to Muranga Town(25Kms)
- Stop at the Kenol Petrol station /Magunandu Supermarket.
- Opposite the Kenol Petrol you will see aleft turn Kangema -Othaya Road
- Go with that Road to Kangema Town(25Kms)
- At Kagema proceed on the same road towards Othaya for EXACTLY 6kms
- Exactly 6kms from Kangema town take the left at this Junction. (There are many signs Njumbi High School,Gatunguru Tea Factory etc)
- Proceed on this road it turns to good murram after the hill till you Reach Gatunguru Tea factory (9Kms)
- Opposite the Factory to the right there is a sign board take that murram road to the Lodge(3kms)
If coming from Nyeri
- Take Nyeri -Othaya Road to Othaya (17Kms)
- Proceed on same road Othaya - Kiriani (7kms)
- Proceed on the same road towards Kangema for EXACTLY 7kms
- Exactly 7 kms from Kiriani Town take the RIGHT at this Junction. (There are many signs Njumbi High School,Gatunguru Tea Factory etc) 5) Proceed on this road it turns to good murram after the hill till you reach Gatunguru Tea factory (9Kms) Opposite the Factory to the right there is a sign board for the lodge take that murram road to the Lodge(3kms)
View Larger Map